Today's Special!!

Powered by Stuff-a-Blog

2008年4月17日 星期四

Cashflow: don't Treat your Dream as Investment

One day I helped my friend hosting a cashflow game. After the game set I heard a guy talking to others:

"You know that? There's a tip of choosing a dream! To me, I would choose this one therefore I may get there by rolling dice one time only."

He pointed at a dream space, which is 5 spaces far from the starting place of Fast Track. Indeed, it's easy to get there by rolling dice one time.

I reply him calmly and cold:

"Good. But, why would you let the dice trap your dreams?"

Investments are judged by reality, numbers, and market. Dreams, however, are not investments. Dreams are the goals of players and the reason why players invest. In order to make dreams come true, players invest, add assets, increase passive income, get financial freedom, and then do their best to make their dreams come true. If you treat your dreams like investments, you will destroy your inspiration. You'll be the winner only on the game board forever without your inspiration.

One of the statement of Richdad series is to tell us not to be trapped by your current condition. And that's why it is said:

"Poor dad said: 'I can't afford it.'

Rich dad said: 'How can I afford it?'
"

Decide your dream, and then think about the ways to "get" the dream.

Thinking that "which dream is easier to get?" will make you a poor dad on Fast Track.

0 意見: